Check out dope artist Joshua Polk aka Polk The Artist as we interview him and showcase some of his great artwork!
1. Where are you from?
2.When did you decide you wanted to become a painter?
-Junior Year in College
3. What would you do if you could not be a painter?
-Be an art teacher & football coach
4. How do you stay focused and committed while painting?
-I know that one day it’s going to change someone’s life, so why stop in the middle of a message.
5. Where do you see yourself as a painter in five years?
-Doing large scale murals for companies with recognizable work ALL over the southeast
6. What is your most challenging piece of work you have completed?
-All of them. Every one of my pieces has an emotional tie to me. It’s a challenge to pour my emotions out on a canvas and maintain my sanity without breaking down in the middle of a project.
7. Tell us about a painting project which you are very proud of and why?
I’m proud of my piece “Holding the Weight Of the Worlds Tears” The amount of lives I was able to influence, the amount of hearts it was able to touch was unimaginable. The sheer imagery in my perception is one of my biggest accomplishments in my time of painting. From the globe, in the eye (look closely) to the power of the message, is what makes me so proud.